- 3 pounds pork sirloin cutlets
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil or 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) egg noodles
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dredge pork cutlets in flour. Heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add pork and brown in batches. Set aside.
- Add onion and red peppers to the pan; saute until onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the broth, basil, vinegar and pepper. Return pork to the pan, layering if necessary.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 15-20 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook noodles according to package directions. Drain; stir in the cream, cheese, butter, pepper and garlic powder. Serve with pork. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Balsamic Pork Scallopine
Sort By :
Extremely delicious dish! Difficulty level is minimal, and my kids really liked it.
This recipe was so delicious! I am not much of a meat eater. However, this was tender and juicy and did not taste like pork. We also prefer our meat extremely tender so simmered this on low heat for 7 hours or so. The noodles were also terrific. There were tasty enough to be served as a dish standing alone, or perhaps be topped with other dishes like goulash or spaghetti. The only deviation from the recipe as written was the use of a low fat pork roast which I sliced myself. This goes in the family favorite recipe archives!!
Absolutely amazing! All I did was cut the recipe in half. This was one of the best meals I have had in a while.
This Is truly amazing!! However, we don't care for the noodles. The second time we made this, we just made regular parsley buttered noodles.
I have made this dish several times now and it is always a success, I've used Pappardelle Noodles instead of egg noodles, otherwise changed nothing, great recipe!!!