- 3 pounds pork sirloin cutlets
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil or 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) egg noodles
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dredge pork cutlets in flour. Heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add pork and brown in batches. Set aside.
- Add onion and red peppers to the pan; saute until onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the broth, basil, vinegar and pepper. Return pork to the pan, layering if necessary.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 15-20 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook noodles according to package directions. Drain; stir in the cream, cheese, butter, pepper and garlic powder. Serve with pork. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Balsamic Pork Scallopine
Sort By :
"Extremely delicious dish! Difficulty level is minimal, and my kids really liked it."
"This recipe was so delicious! I am not much of a meat eater. However, this was tender and juicy and did not taste like pork. We also prefer our meat extremely tender so simmered this on low heat for 7 hours or so. The noodles were also terrific. There were tasty enough to be served as a dish standing alone, or perhaps be topped with other dishes like goulash or spaghetti. The only deviation from the recipe as written was the use of a low fat pork roast which I sliced myself. This goes in the family favorite recipe archives!!"
"Absolutely amazing! All I did was cut the recipe in half. This was one of the best meals I have had in a while."
"This Is truly amazing!! However, we don't care for the noodles. The second time we made this, we just made regular parsley buttered noodles."
"I have made this dish several times now and it is always a success, I've used Pappardelle Noodles instead of egg noodles, otherwise changed nothing, great recipe!!!"