- 1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- Break spaghetti in half; cook according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soups, tomato sauce, water, brown sugar and seasonings.
- Drain spaghetti; stir into meat sauce. Add 1/2 cup cheese. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Baked Spaghetti Potluck Casserole
Sort By :
"i quadripled this recipe for my sons highschool foot ball team dinner. all four pans were devoured!! i did add mushrooms to one and diced tomato to all. italian seasoning works well too if you dont have the individual spices. Also an inexpensive way to feed a crowd on a single mom budget. thank you !!"
"Delicious !! I used 1 pound of ground beef and 1 pound of ground mild italian saugage. AS well...... I added double the cheese. Say cheese. :-)"
"My family just loves this recipe. They ask for it about every week."
"I really liked this. I made it because I was trying to use some canned goods from my pantry, and it's going to become a staple in my house. I used vegetarian soy "meat" crumbles in place of the ground beef, and pizza sauce in place of the tomato sauce (because that was the closes thing I had to tomato sauce). It was great! I will definitely make this again."
"My family loves this recipe. They want me to make it at all the time"