- 1/2 cup seasoned or dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons spaghetti sauce mix
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Dip chicken in salad dressing, then coat with crumb mixture. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Drizzle with spaghetti sauces and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Baked Chicken Parmigiana
"wHAT IS SPAGHETTI SAUCE MIX???CANT MAKE A RECIPE THAT I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT AN INGREDIENT IS"
"I have been making this for close to 10 years, recipe exactly as written...it is perfect every time!"
"this is going in our "favourites"! so good! I mixed the spaghetti sauce with the Italian salad dressing and then dipped it in the crumb mixture, just to keep the crumbs "crumby"....and I also browned the chicken about 4 minutes a side before putting it in the oven. Can't wait to have the leftovers! p.s. the guests LOVED it also! this is a gourmet dish without the gourmet work!"
"Love it! quick, easy and even my extremely picky eater loved it. Can't wait to make it again!"