My savory loaf filled with bacon bits, walnuts and blue cheese dressing is complemented by the sweetness of honey-flavored butter. Cut yourself a thick slice, slather on the butter and enjoy!—Pam Ivbuls, Omaha, Nebraska
Featured In: 33 Non-Scary Bread Recipes Anyone Can Bake
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 3/4 cup refrigerated blue cheese salad dressing
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup bacon bits
- HONEY BUTTER:
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. In another bowl, whisk cream, salad dressing, eggs and honey until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in walnuts and bacon bits.
- Transfer to a greased and floured 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat honey butter ingredients. Serve with bread. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices) and 3/4 cup honey butter.
Originally published as Bacon Walnut Bread with Honey Butter in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014