My savory loaf filled with bacon bits, walnuts and blue cheese dressing is complemented by the sweetness of honey-flavored butter. Cut yourself a thick slice, slather on the butter and enjoy!—Pam Ivbuls, Omaha, Nebraska
Recommended: 62 Christmas Potluck Sides for 12 or More
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 3/4 cup refrigerated blue cheese salad dressing
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup bacon bits
- HONEY BUTTER:
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. In another bowl, whisk cream, salad dressing, eggs and honey until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in walnuts and bacon bits.
- Transfer to a greased and floured 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat honey butter ingredients. Serve with bread. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices) and 3/4 cup honey butter.
Originally published as Bacon Walnut Bread with Honey Butter in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014
Reviews for Bacon Walnut Bread with Honey Butter
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review