Add zip to your appetizer platter with an easy asparagus dip that doubles as a flavorful sandwich spread. — Janie Colle, Hutchinson, Kansas
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- In a small bowl, mix the first six ingredients until blended; refrigerate until serving.
- In a Dutch oven, bring 12 cups water to a boil. Add asparagus in batches; cook, uncovered, 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove and immediately drop into ice water. Drain and pat dry. Serve with sauce. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus with Basil Pesto Sauce in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2014
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Asparagus with Fresh Basil Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review