Artichoke Mushroom Caps Recipe
These crumb-topped appetizers never last long at our get-togethers. The rich filling of cream cheese, artichoke hearts. Parmesan cheese and green onion is terrific. You can broil them in your oven to enjoy any time of year. —Ruth Lewis West Newton, Pennsylvania
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 jar (6-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 20 to 25 large fresh mushrooms, stems removed
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Beat in the artichokes, Parmesan cheese and onion.
- Lightly spray tops of mushrooms with cooking spray. Spoon cheese mixture into mushroom caps. Combine bread crumbs and oil; sprinkle over mushrooms.
- Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Artichoke Mushroom Caps in Quick Cooking May/June 2003, p32
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Artichoke Mushroom Caps
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review