Apricot Leather Recipe
- 8 ounces dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 drop almond extract
- Confectioners' sugar
- Place apricots in a small saucepan and cover with water by 1 in. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes or until soft. Drain and cool slightly.
- Place apricots in a blender; add sugar. Cover and process until smooth. Add extract.
- Preheat oven to 175°. Line two shallow baking pans with silicone baking mats. Spoon half of apricot mixture onto each baking mat, spreading to form a 12x8-in. rectangle; repeat with remaining fruit. Bake 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until almost dry to the touch. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Transfer to a cutting board; dust both sides with confectioners' sugar. Cut into 1/2x8-in. strips; roll up. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place. Yield: 4 dozen pieces.
Originally published as Apricot Leather in Taste of Home June/July 1998, p54
Reviews for Apricot Leather
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 12, 2014
Just wondering, if you don't have a silicone mat, could you use parchment paper?
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Cold Appetizer Recipes >
- Cold Finger Food Recipes >
- Easy Appetizer Recipes >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Easy Finger Foods >
- Easy Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Kids Snacks >