- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup finely chopped peeled apple
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, oats, brown sugar and cinnamon. In a small bowl, combine the egg, applesauce, apple and raisins. Stir into oats mixture and mix well.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Reviews for Apple Oatmeal Cookies
Sort By :
"CASNIP if u don't have applesauce on hand why not make some? Peel, chop, cook and mash 2 1/2 to 3 medium apples for 3/4 cup. Not sure if it's necessary but I'd cool it in the freezer in order to avoid cooking any of the egg."
"Yummy and easy to make"
"Very good. Only change I made was to replace the raisins with butterscotch chips. My husband couldn't stop eating them!"
"CASENIP, wonder if no applesauce might make it dry? Besides the egg, that is the only "liquid". But they do sound good."