- 4 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider or juice
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup apple jelly
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In a large skillet brown chops in oil. Remove and keep warm.
- Add apple cider to the skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Stir in the broth, jelly and vinegar. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 1/3 cup.
- Return chops to the skillet. Cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until meat is tender, turning once. Add butter and stir until melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Apple-Balsamic Pork Chops
Sort By :
"Tasty and simple! Will make again."
"We loved them and they are quick to make."
"These are delicious and so easy to make! Its a salty/sweetness/tangyness that is just wonderful!"
"I'm dubious about trying this recipe; more than 1-1/4 cups liquid will reduce to 1/3 cup in less than 20 minutes?"