- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- Celery leaves
- Remove crescent dough from packaging (do not unroll). Cut each tube into eight slices. Arrange in an 11-in. circle on an ungreased 14-in. pizza pan.
- Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before carefully removing to a serving platter; cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, dill and garlic powder until smooth. Spread over wreath; top with broccoli, celery and red pepper. Form a bow garnish with celery leaves. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Appetizer Wreath
"So I cut this recipe in half because it was just for my husband and I as an evening snack. We figured we would have some leftovers for another evening. Nope. Just the two of us ate all 8 of them. When I took the first bite I thought they were just OK. But after a few more bites I really thought they were amazing. The spread has a very light taste, not too heavy at all. We didn't put broccoli on top because we didn't have any but it still tasted great. I used a bit more garlic powder (suited to our tastes). We also used a yellow sweet pepper instead of red. I did find that it called for too much celery. I think we only used half of what it called for (even after halving it for the recipe). The topping made for a nice crunch and overall, tasted fresh. We definitely will be making this recipe again.Lastly, as an FYI, you can now buy crescent "rounds", basically the same thing as this but already cut for you. I just had to pull them out of the canister :)"
"I enjoyed this recipe and everyone loved it. The only thing I would do different is to make the slices smaller (if possible as the dough is so sticky) or cut the cooked pieces in half (as you would cut a biscuit or roll length wise) and use it that way. There was too much bread. However, the raw veggies on top of the cream cheese mixture was very refreshing and complimented the bread."
"Took to a party and received many nice comments. I did cut the crescents into 16 slices and the amount of bread was still more than needed. I added 1 t. of dry ranch dressing and added some chopped mushrooms that I had on had then mixed all together so ingredients wouldn't fall off when served. Will make again!"
"This was a hit at our Christmas party everyone loved it!"