“This cake is doubly delicious due to the white chocolate and cream cheese filling,” notes Mary Shivers, Ada, Oklahoma. “I've made it for social gatherings and as a homey snack on chilly mornings. One piece leads to another!”
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup white baking chips
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 15x9-in. rectangle. Transfer to a lightly greased baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and extract (filling will be soft). Spread down center of rectangle; sprinkle with chips. On each long side, cut 1-in.-wide strips, about 1/2 in. from filling.
- Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across filling. Seal ends. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Brush with milk. Bake 20-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- For glaze, in a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and extract. Stir in enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over coffee cake. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Almond Coffee Cake in Country Woman March/April 2007, p35
Reviews for Almond Coffee Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review