Apricot jam provides the fruit flavor in this small pan of sweet dessert bars shared by Olga Wolkosky of Richmond, British Columbia. "They freeze well and are always a hit," she relates. "They're also good with seedless raspberry jam instead."
- 2 cups white baking chips, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup apricot jam
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a microwave, melt 1 cup chips; stir until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in melted chips and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour. Spread half of the batter into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Spread with jam.
- Stir remaining chips into remaining batter. Drop by tablespoonfuls over jam; carefully spread over top. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into squares; cut squares in half. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Almond Apricot Bars in Quick Cooking March/April 2005, p53
Reviews for Almond Apricot Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review