Almond Apricot Bars Recipe
- 2 cups white baking chips, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup apricot jam
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a microwave, melt 1 cup chips; stir until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in melted chips and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour. Spread half of the batter into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Spread with jam.
- Stir remaining chips into remaining batter. Drop by tablespoonfuls over jam; carefully spread over top. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into squares; cut squares in half. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Almond Apricot Bars(4)
Sort By :
My friends and family rave about these bars and I have made them many times with the apricot jam only. Can't wait to try the raspberry jam.
I would love to make this, however, I don't know what "white baking chips" are and where I can find them. I would appreciate your response to my inquiry. Thank you.
I have been making Razz Ma Tazz Bars for years, they are basically this recipe but with Seedless Raspberry instead. I have made it several times with Apricot and either way it's a huge hit! YOU MUST MAKE THESE!
I love the vanilla component. It's a nice blend of flavors.