Winter White Filling or Frosting
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + cooling
Makes2 cups filling or 6 cups frosting
- FOR USE AS A FILLING:
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- FOR USE AS A FROSTING:
- 12 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 18 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- TO MAKE FILLING OR FROSTING: In a microwave, melt baking chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in cooled baking chocolate and lemon juice until smooth.
- Spread between cake layers and/or over top and sides of cake.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 83 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 44mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Jan 10, 2013
It seems to me that the powdered sugar is missing in this recipe. I added some until the consistency was right.
Jan 28, 2012
I made this frosting for a wedding cake. It is the best frosting I have ever tasted...love it!
Nov 8, 2011
I just made the cake and frosting for this recipe last night and the cake came out perfect however, the frosting was different. I made the espresso filling and it was great I put in between layers and went to do the frosting. Now I am a good baker and can read a recipe but the frosting never sat up like the filling. It was very running though very good so I think something was missing from this one. I will do it again it fixed.