Winter White Filling or Frosting
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + cooling
Makes2 cups filling or 6 cups frosting
- FOR USE AS A FILLING:
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- FOR USE AS A FROSTING:
- 12 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 18 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- TO MAKE FILLING OR FROSTING: In a microwave, melt baking chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in cooled baking chocolate and lemon juice until smooth.
- Spread between cake layers and/or over top and sides of cake.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 83 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 44mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 10, 2013
It seems to me that the powdered sugar is missing in this recipe. I added some until the consistency was right.
Jan 28, 2012
I made this frosting for a wedding cake. It is the best frosting I have ever tasted...love it!
Nov 8, 2011
I just made the cake and frosting for this recipe last night and the cake came out perfect however, the frosting was different. I made the espresso filling and it was great I put in between layers and went to do the frosting. Now I am a good baker and can read a recipe but the frosting never sat up like the filling. It was very running though very good so I think something was missing from this one. I will do it again it fixed.