- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup dried cherries or dried cranberries, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, butter and milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat. Stir in baking chips and extract until smooth. Add oats and, if desired, cherries; stir until coated.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forWhite Almond No-Bake Cookies
"I was looking for easy and gluten free. Using gluten free oats, these fit the bill. But they were so sweet we couldn't eat them. And they had an artificial taste. I don't know why as I used pure almond extract. We threw them away."