Red and green cherries make these treats look festive. Substitute any fruit in the amount that pleases your palate.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4-1/4 to 4-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup each chopped citron, candies pineapple, and green and red candied cherries
- 3/4 cup finely chopped almonds
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, milk, almond extract and salt. Gradually stir in confectioners' sugar until a stiff dough is formed.
- Turn onto a surface lightly dusted with confectioners' sugar. Knead 15-20 times or until mixture forms a smooth ball. Knead in candied fruit. Shape into 1-in. balls, then roll in almonds. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.