- 2 chicken leg quarters (8 ounces each), skin removed
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- With a sharp knife, cut leg quarters at the joints if desired; place in a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, orange juice, brown sugar, vinegar, oil, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt and pepper; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted into the chicken reads 180°.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. Transfer 1/2 cup cooking juices to a small saucepan. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forTropical BBQ Chicken
"Absolutely awful. The vinegar especially killed the flavor. We would never recommend this."
"For all you people having trouble taking the skin off chicken pieces - just use a paper towel - magic!"
"Very good recipe. I found after 2 hours in the slow cooker the sauce disappeared. Next time I make this recipe I will double the sauce. Thanks for sharing!!!"
"We loved this one! The recipe makes plenty of sauce. Dried parsley worked just fine. This was so tender that the meat was just falling off the bones after 5 hours of cooking on low. The only downside was that I'm new to having to skin things it took me 35 minutes to skin and trim the chicken. Next time I'll just buy skinless. This would be easy to use to make pulled sandwiches."
"We liked it overall-- 3 out of 5 stars. Skinning the chicken was a hassle."