Triple Treat Torte
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup finely chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 2-3/4 cups cold whole milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- Grated semisweet chocolate, optional
- In a small bowl, cut butter into flour until crumbly; stir in the peanuts. Press onto the bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 16-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat the sugar, cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping. Spread over crust.
- For topping, in another bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). Spread over filling. Top with remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle with chocolate if desired. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 233 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 230mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Aug 8, 2015
Yum! What a fun treat! Makes a lot!- Theresa
Sep 2, 2013
This recipe was easy to make. I made a couple of adjustments to enhance the taste just a little. I used unsalted dry roasted peanuts and added a bit of sugar. I also used more whip topping for the finished topping.This recipe was a huge hit at my family reunion. My husband almost missed getting to taste it because he waited for 15 minutes after the first assault. I will definitely make this again.