Triple-Cheese Broccoli Puff
Also on our Christmas morning menu is this rich-tasting souffle. Like any puffy souffle, it will settle a bit after you remove the dish from the oven, but the pretty golden top is very attractive. I often add some cubed ham.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + standing
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a small skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender; set aside. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, eggs, milk and biscuit mix just until combined. Stir in the broccoli, cheeses, salt and mushrooms.
- Pour into a greased round 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 315 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 210mg cholesterol, 578mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Triple Cheese Broccoli Puff in Taste of Home December/January 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.