Triple-Cheese Broccoli Puff
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + standing
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a small skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender; set aside. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, eggs, milk and biscuit mix just until combined. Stir in the broccoli, cheeses, salt and mushrooms.
- Pour into a greased round 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 315 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 210mg cholesterol, 578mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Mar 26, 2019
This has become a staple on our menu. I have made it for breakfast, lunch and dinner and it is always good. It reheats well, and since there are only 2 of us that is how we eat most of it. I usually add diced ham to make it more hearty. One suggestion is to make it in more of a flat corningware dish instead of a deep one to ensure thorough cooking in the center.
Mar 1, 2011
This is a delicious, easy, make ahead recipe.I will definately make it again