Triple-Cheese Broccoli Puff
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + standing
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a small skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender; set aside. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, eggs, milk and biscuit mix just until combined. Stir in the broccoli, cheeses, salt and mushrooms.
- Pour into a greased round 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 315 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 210mg cholesterol, 578mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 26, 2019
This has become a staple on our menu. I have made it for breakfast, lunch and dinner and it is always good. It reheats well, and since there are only 2 of us that is how we eat most of it. I usually add diced ham to make it more hearty. One suggestion is to make it in more of a flat corningware dish instead of a deep one to ensure thorough cooking in the center.
Mar 1, 2011
This is a delicious, easy, make ahead recipe.I will definately make it again