- 1 cup butter (no substitutes), softened
- 5 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in vanilla. Add flour, beating on low speed just until combined. Stir in pecans. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Shape 1/2 cupfuls into 1/2-in.-thick logs. Cut logs into 2-in. pieces. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar; cool on wire racks. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forTender Pecan Logs
"Love these, will make for Christmas as gift for friends"
"Love these cookies, will make for my Xmas cookies"
"I roll the warm cookies in a sugar/cinnamon mixture instead of powdered sugar."
"This is the recipe I've been looking for. It's simple & tastes divine. The cookie just melts in my mouth. Yum!"
"Very similar to pecan crescents that I make. These are easier to just roll and cut rather than shape into a crescent. Excellent taste and the kids can help roll and cut."