- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1-1/4 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, drained
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook and crumble beef over medium heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon; pour off drippings.
- In same pan, melt butter over low heat; stir in flour until smooth. Cook and stir until lightly browned, 2-3 minutes (do not burn). Gradually whisk in milk, broth, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 5 minutes.
- Stir in green onions, pasta and beef; heat through. Stir in half of the cheeses until melted. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; remove from heat. Let stand, covered, until melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forStovetop Cheeseburger Pasta
"I made this almost exactly as in the recipe, except I didn’t have any green onions. It was good without them, but might have been even better if I had them. Everyone loved it, even my kids. It’s so nice to find a recipe that’s easy and that everyone likes. I also like the fact that you don't have to bake it. Will definitely make again!"