Steamed Cranberry-Molasses Pudding
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 1 hour
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 2 cups chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- BUTTER SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and baking powder. Combine molasses and water; stir into dry ingredients. Fold in cranberries. Pour into a well-greased 4-cup pudding mold; cover.
- Place mold on a rack in a deep stockpot; add 1 in. of hot water to pan. Bring to a gentle boil; cover and steam for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, adding water to pan as needed. Let stand for 5 minutes before removing from mold.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in sugar and cream. Cook and stir over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until heated through. Unmold pudding onto a serving plate; cut into wedges. Serve warm with sauce.
Dec 30, 2012
Do NOT taste the batter or cooked pudding without the sauce!
Dec 30, 2012
This is a lot like the recipe that I have used for years. We do not use any water and we add about a cup of raisins. Light or dark molasses work equally well, it just changes the color of the pudding, not the taste. Word of warning though, DO NOT tas
May 11, 2011
Awesome!!! A little bit of work but well worth the pleasure. Thank you
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.