Spiderweb Dip with Bat Tortilla Chips
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 1-1/2 cups dip and about 7 dozen chips
- 20 chipotle chili and pepper tortillas or flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup prepared guacamole
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Cut tortillas into bat shapes with a 3-3/4-in. cookie cutter. Place tortillas on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Spritz tortillas with cooking spray. Combine the garlic salt, coriander, paprika and pepper; sprinkle over tortillas. Bake at 350° for 5-8 minutes or until edges just begin to brown.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and salsa. Spread into a 9-in. pie plate. Carefully spread guacamole to within 1 in. of edges.
- Place sour cream in a small resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag. Pipe thin concentric circles an inch apart over guacamole. Beginning with the center circle, gently pull a knife through circles toward outer edge. Wipe knife clean. Repeat to complete spiderweb pattern. Serve with tortilla bats.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 338 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 704mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 30, 2015
I just made this for a Halloween Potluck I went to this morning. You can't go wrong with anything with cream cheese or guacamole, so I was confident this would be a winner. The tortilla chips turned out perfectly and the sour cream was a really fun and easy touch to make the spiders web. Everyone really enjoyed this. I't's an easy item to pack up and bring somewhere. Definitely a potluck winner here!
Nov 6, 2014
I like to test recipes as written so my review is on the actual product. The only changes I had to make were the shapes of the chips because I had other Halloween themed cookie cutters and the tortillas I used were flour ones because I couldn't find the flavored ones. That said it was very good. I love the combination of cream cheese and salsa so I knew that part would be good. I had never baked my own chips before and I have to say I am in love with it! Using the cookie cutters did take some time (I suggest metal ones over plastic because the tortillas are a little hard to cut) but I loved how they looked and on an average day cutting them with a knife would be very simple. I will definitely make this again and I don't plan on changing a thing.
Aug 27, 2013
My friends were really impressed with MY creativity!
Oct 13, 2012
I didn't think the bat chips were worth the time, plus not sure how they go with a spider web. The dip tasted yummy and the web added enough "decor" without fancy chips.
Oct 31, 2011
I didn't make the bat chips, but I made the dip and just bought tortilla chips. The dip was really good and so easy to make. I will for sure be making this again and again!
Oct 30, 2011
I tripled the recipe and added a tablespoon of taco seasoning for a little extra flavor Everyone loved it.
Oct 28, 2011
Made this today for a lunch. Every bit was eaten. Huge hit everyone wanted the recipe. Didn't use the bats, but used store bought blue corn tortilla chips for a spooky look. I used medium chunky salsa and made my own guacamole. Everyone thought the sour cream spider web was amazing. Will definitely make again!
Oct 18, 2011
I made this dip for our Ladies Guild meeting in October. I doubled the recipe and it was a great conversation piece even though I did not make the bat chips, not enough time. Everyone loved it, it was so delicious. I used prepared salsa and guacamole to save time also. Will definitely make this again, maybe for Christmas with a sour cream Christmas Tree...
Aug 15, 2011
I made this for the first time last Halloween. Everyone loved it!!!! I make it everytime I have people over. Some of my friends expect it!!! I made it for my daughters first birthday and instead of bats I used 1 and spelled out her name for the chips!!
Nov 5, 2010
This dip is so tasty and so easy AND everyone loved how it looked like a spider web! Will definetely make again.:)