Sloppy Joes for 100
Total TimePrep: 1 hour Cook: 3 hours
Makes100 servings (12 quarts)
- 20 pounds ground beef
- 4 large onions, chopped
- 4 large green peppers, chopped
- 4 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup spicy brown mustard
- 4 cups ketchup
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) tomato paste
- 4 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 6 to 8 cups water
- 1 cup vinegar
- 2/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 100 hamburger buns
- In a large Dutch oven, brown the beef, onions, peppers and celery in batches until meat is browned. Remove with a slotted spoon to a large roaster; add the next 8 ingredients. Cover and simmer for 3-4 hours. Serve on buns.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 295 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 491mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 21, 2013
I know this serves 100--but how much is a serving?
Oct 19, 2011
I have made this recipe twice for my church only I have to cut the recipe in half. Everyone loves it and has even asked for the Recipe.
Dec 8, 2009
EXCELLENT!! I used this recipe at work and now I use it at home, too.