- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup raspberry, strawberry or apricot preserves
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 325°. Cream butter and pudding mix until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Add flour; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Shape dough into 1-1/4-in. balls; roll in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Using a wooden spoon handle or your thumb, press a deep indentation in center of each.
- Bake until set, 15-18 minutes. Cool in pans 2 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Fill each indentation with preserves; cool completely.
- For glaze, melt chocolate chips and butter in a microwave; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Drizzle over cookies. Cool completely. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forSacher Torte Cookies
"It's my son's favorite cookie and I even use gluten free flour and sugar free pudding mix:)"
"After reading the previous review, I increased the flavor by substituting 1/4 cup of the flour for 1/4 cup baking cocoa powder. They are real rich tasting. I will make again. Note: Recipe only make about 28 cookies."