- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 large bananas, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter, cream and maple syrup. Cook and stir over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until sauce is smooth. Stir in bananas; heat through. Remove from the heat; stir in extract. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forRum Banana Sauce
"Delicious, and very easy to make. Since I had some light rum on hand, I substituted that for the rum extract (5 parts rum to 1 part extract), and it was the perfect nightcap to our day of Easter feasting."
"Rum banana sauce is so good, my family makes it any time they can. We tend to avoid the rum though, as we are not a drinking family. It's absolutely delicious, either way, and we just plain love it. It's a keeper and going in my recipe box."
"It is awesome, had it over pancakes and try'd it over waffles. In the morning i'm hoping to have a couple of my flaky biscuits left and will pour some on them too. So many possibilities, so many things to try it on, and oh so good to eat."
"I made it to go with ice cream. THis is so good. It was like eating an expensive restaurant dessert at home. VERY good."
"i love this sauce! i maed it to go over pancakes. it is simple to make and delicious!"