Banana Sundae Sauce
Try this luscious banana sundae topping at your next ice-cream social. I guarantee you'll be asked to bring it again. Luckily, it's quick and easy to make and versatile, too. It's the perfect finish to cake and frozen yogurt.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups sliced firm bananas (about 2 large)
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter. Whisk in the confectioners' sugar, water and lemon juice until smooth. Cook over medium-low heat for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and cinnamon. Fold in bananas. Serve warm over ice cream.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 224 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 116mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Mar 9, 2010
Banana sundae sauce is delicious and so very easy to make. We love it and will be making it to go over vanilla ice cream any time we want. It's a keeper, for sure, and one that is going in my recipe box.