- 3 pounds pickling cucumbers (about 12)
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh dill
- 1 to 2 jalapeno peppers, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2-1/2 cups cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup canning salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Cut each cucumber lengthwise into four spears. In a very large bowl, combine cucumbers, onion, dill, jalapenos and garlic. In a large saucepan, combine water, vinegar, salt and sugar. Bring to a boil; cook and stir just until salt and sugar are dissolved. Pour over cucumber mixture; cool.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 24 hours. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 months. Yield: about 4 dozen pickle spears.
Reviews forRefrigerator Jalapeno Dill Pickles
"These were fantastic and so easy to make! I used dried dill weed in place of fresh."
"These were great! My whole family (and friends & neighbors) loved them and they were so simple to make!"