- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add quinoa. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from the heat; fluff with a fork. Transfer to a bowl; cool completely.
- Add the beans, cucumber, red pepper and parsley. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients; drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forQuinoa Tabbouleh
"This recipe is very good however Tabbouleh is not the same as couscous, b is made with bulgar wheat and is not a pasta as is couscous."
"Very good! Definitely will make it again!"
"very easy and good--I agree with adding additional fresh squeezed lemon juice"
"If it doesn't have quite enough zip, add more lemon juice (I used fresh squeezed). GREAT!"
"I just tried this recipe for the first time and took it to a potluck at church. People raved over it and several asked for the recipe. I had to leave out the parsley as I had forgotten to buy any (and I'm sure it would have been far better with the parsley included), but it didn't seem to make a difference to people. A very refreshing and healthy salad that I am likely to make again and again!"