- 1 can (15 ounces) canned pumpkin
- 1 can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk
- 8 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Sweetened whipped cream and additional cinnamon, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place ten 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups coated with cooking spray in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- In a large bowl, beat first four ingredients until smooth. Add sugar, salt and spices; mix well. Divide among ramekins.
- Bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 40-45 minutes. Cool on a wire rack; serve or refrigerate within 2 hours. If desired, top with whipped cream and sprinkle with cinnamon. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forPumpkin Pie Custard
"I cut the recipe down for two--so delicious!! For spices, I used cinnamon and pie spice. Thank you, Nancy, for sharing this recipe."
"I absolutely LOVE pumpkin pie, but not the sugar and calories. I was excited to try this recipe, but was disappointed with the bland taste. I didn't change anything in the recipe except substituting the sugar with stevia. Sweetness wasn't the problem. Of course, I could experiment with additional spices, but I'm not too sure it's a keeper. Maybe I'll give it one more try with some adjustments."
"i did not like it"
"This is a great recipe. I often don't like the crust from pumpkin pie - this is perfect! I think its best when its cold!!! It was delightful."
"I love this one! i use splenda instead of the sugar and it still is great. Even my little ones enjoy it!"
"Wonderful! I have made this in custard cups topped with Cool Whip probably 25 times. I use Splenda and it comes out great. My husband should not have sugar. He wants this all the time!"