When time is of the essence, it's nice to have a quick and easy meal idea in your back pocket. Not only is it delicious, but you can clean it up in a flash. —Joan Hallford, North Richland Hills, Texas
Recommended: 5-Ingredient Healthy Dinners
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 3 cups diced new potatoes
- 3 cups fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large Gala or Honeycrisp apple, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick and about 6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons Southwest seasoning
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line a 15x10x1-in. sheet pan with foil; brush with 2 teaspoons olive oil.
- In a large bowl, toss potatoes with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Place in one section of prepared sheet pan. In same bowl, toss asparagus with 1 tablespoon olive oil; place in another section of pan. Sprinkle salt and pepper over potatoes and asparagus.
- In same bowl, toss apple with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Mix brown sugar, cinnamon and ginger; sprinkle over apples and toss to coat. Transfer to a different section of pan.
- Brush pork chops with remaining olive oil; sprinkle both sides with Southwest seasoning. Place chops in remaining section of pan. Bake until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145° and potatoes and apples are tender, 20-25 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pork and Asparagus Sheet Pan Dinner in Taste of Home February/March 2018