- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 3 cups diced new potatoes
- 3 cups fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large Gala or Honeycrisp apple, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick and about 6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons Southwest seasoning
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line a 15x10x1-in. sheet pan with foil; brush with 2 teaspoons olive oil.
- In a large bowl, toss potatoes with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Place in one section of prepared sheet pan. In same bowl, toss asparagus with 1 tablespoon olive oil; place in another section of pan. Sprinkle salt and pepper over potatoes and asparagus.
- In same bowl, toss apple with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Mix brown sugar, cinnamon and ginger; sprinkle over apples and toss to coat. Transfer to a different section of pan.
- Brush pork chops with remaining olive oil; sprinkle both sides with Southwest seasoning. Place chops in remaining section of pan. Bake until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145° and potatoes and apples are tender, 20-25 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forPork and Asparagus Sheet Pan Dinner
"We are going to have to try this again. My husband was helping me get it into the oven because I had to leave for a meeting. A couple of things were overlooked. The seasoning on the pork chops and the apples being peeled. The asparagus was cooked perfectly. The potatoes were good, a little too soft for our liking so a little bigger chunks next time (they were 1/2" this time). Also worth noting that I used red potatoes since new potatoes are hard to find here. When I came home and saw the chops so pale, I asked him about it because it looked nothing like the picture. He said he it didn't say to do anything. I guess he stopped reading the recipe. It's all good. I like one sheet dinners and hope that after we try again it will be an alternate to the chicken one we enjoy."
"The apples added a delicious sauce for the pork. I did not peel apples but just cut into one-inch pieces. My husband said this was a keeper recipe."
"This was awesome I will definitely make it again. I only made 2 changes. I took the suggestion from a previous review and cooked the potatoes for 15 minutes then removed the pan and added the other ingredients and baked for the 20-25 minutes. I also added a little garlic powder to the asparagus."
"I loved the convenience of this. Awesome flavor too. I have to say that I prefer the potatoes crispy so next time I would probably start them first and add the rest of the ingredients 15 minutes later."
"Delicious, I had some sweet Italian sausage handy so I split the chops and put some in the pocket. I am not familiar with the SWseasoning so l just used pickling salt and pepper. The Apple was so good. I will make this again. Janet VFE"
"This was so easy and delicious. Highly recommend!"