Pistachio Eclair Dessert
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 3 cups cold whole milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant French vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 package (14.4 ounces) graham crackers
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Fold in whipped topping.
- In a 13-in. x 9-in. dish, layer a third of the graham crackers and half of the pudding mixture. Repeat layers. Top with remaining graham crackers. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Spoon frosting into a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 15-20 seconds or until softened, stirring once. Spread over graham crackers. Cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes or until frosting is set.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 267 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 330mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Mar 21, 2017
I made this easy to prepare dessert, everyone loved it. I made my own chocolate frosting.
Jul 24, 2016
As others have said very easy to put together ! It went over big at a potluck. I used the new vanilla graham crackers and french vanilla cool whip.
Nov 18, 2015
Yum yum yummy and so very easy to make! Made it for the 1st time last year for Thanksgiving and it's become my family's new favorite dessert. Two family members have already asked me "if I'm going to make it again this year".
Oct 18, 2013
This is the best and easiest recipe ever! But I can't serve it without sprinkles on top to make it pretty. Each time, I vary the pudding and frosting: Chocolate Fudge pudding and frosting, White Chocolate Pudding layer, Chocolate Fudge layer, Fudge frosting. Right now, I'm using all Pumpkin Spice pudding with Cream Cheese frosting. Makes a lot and is good for company.
Sep 1, 2013
Excellent dessert. I did not put the middle layer of graham crackers in and used homemade chocolate frosting.
Mar 19, 2013
Easy to make and it tastes so good! Thank you for helping me to look like a dessert Goddess! This is going in my recipe book and will be made again and again and again!
Oct 28, 2012
I make it with French Vanilla pudding due to nut allergies. Made it many times.
Mar 5, 2012
I do alot of volunteer baking for my local VFW. We have dinners on Saturday nights and I usually make the desserts. I served this last Saturday and everyone just loved it. They said it was delicious, light, and not too sweet. I will be making this for them again. It was easy to make and so tasty. Thanks for this recipe. It is a keeper.
Dec 28, 2011
I have made this recipe several times, it is quick, easy and fail-proof...I get the pudding in the plastic can, usually a dark chocolate and add to the top...You can leave out the middle layer of graham crackers...and it makes a wonderful presentation...not too sweet and great with coffee. Have had many compliments and at group dinners several asking to take home leftovers....
Jul 9, 2011
I have used this recipe and it is very good as is. But if you want varitiey you can use another pudding instead of Pistachio and for the topping I have used a can of pie filling placed in the blender and use that instead of the frosting. Cherry pie filling is very taste with cheese cake pudding or vanilla pudding.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.