Penne alla Vodka
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into strips
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole plum tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Add prosciutto; cook 2 minutes longer. Stir in tomatoes, vodka, salt and pepper flakes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Stir in cream; cook 2-3 minutes longer, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta. Add pasta and cheese to sauce; toss to combine.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 504 calories, 19g fat (11g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 966mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 19g protein.
Dec 4, 2019
My husband and I both loved this. I'll definitely be making this delicious dish again and again. Thanks!
Mar 25, 2019
no rating because you can't give me a smaller version
Mar 14, 2019
This was DELICIOUS. I couldn't skip a review this time because this was too good of a recipe to not gush over! The red pepper flakes gave a nice kick to the savory flavor of the sauce! And the house smelled wonderful too!
Feb 19, 2018
This recipe is rich, flavorful, and delicious! I'll be making this often! It was a hit with the whole family.
Feb 19, 2018
Terrific dish! So easy as well.
Dec 15, 2017
This recipe is pretty darn good as written, but even better if you substitute Asiago for the Parmesan and add some dried sweet basil---magnificent!
Mar 3, 2017
Feb 20, 2017
Prepared as written. Great, Easy, 2 pan dish that is ready to eat in 30 minutes. Works for me!!!Thank you for sharing!
Feb 16, 2017
This sounds good! My dad is t2d so I need to reduce the sodium, sugar and carbs content. How would this be using half and half and whole grain pasta?
Feb 3, 2016
One of the few recipes I have found that is quick, easy and delicious. I did not change one thing. In the future, I might use ham or chicken in place of the prosciutto just for another variation. It is pretty much perfect as it is, however. Thank you for sharing with us.