Penne alla Vodka
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into strips
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole plum tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Add prosciutto; cook 2 minutes longer. Stir in tomatoes, vodka, salt and pepper flakes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Stir in cream; cook 2-3 minutes longer, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta. Add pasta and cheese to sauce; toss to combine.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 504 calories, 19g fat (11g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 966mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 19g protein.
Feb 11, 2020
LOVE this pasta dish! The only changes that I made were pureeing the tomatoes and adding some extra heavy cream. Just personal preference. I think it would also be great with sausage. Simple and delicious, a definite keeper.
Jan 19, 2020
Fantastic! Super easy, super quick dish for a busy weekday meal. I love that it's a pasta dish that doesn't require a jar of sauce!
Jan 10, 2020
Delicious, and very easy to make. I made 1/4 of the recipe, which was just right for my husband and me.
Jan 9, 2020
My family really enjoyed this pasta. I had to substitute bacon for the proscuitto as that's all I had on hand. I'd like to try this again when I have prosciutto, and next time I will only add about 12 oz of pasta. I like my pasta a little more saucy, but that's just a personal preference!
Jan 8, 2020
Cannot wait to try this. Love pasta and everything about this sounds wonderful. One silly question for all you cooks....when a recipe such as this calls for whole plum tomatoes diced up, can't I just use diced tomatoes?
Dec 4, 2019
My husband and I both loved this. I'll definitely be making this delicious dish again and again. Thanks!
Mar 25, 2019
no rating because you can't give me a smaller version
Mar 14, 2019
This was DELICIOUS. I couldn't skip a review this time because this was too good of a recipe to not gush over! The red pepper flakes gave a nice kick to the savory flavor of the sauce! And the house smelled wonderful too!
Feb 19, 2018
This recipe is rich, flavorful, and delicious! I'll be making this often! It was a hit with the whole family.
Feb 19, 2018
Terrific dish! So easy as well.