- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add bananas and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a mixing bowl, beat the peanut butter, milk and vanilla until blended; beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread over cake. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews forPeanut Butter Banana Cake
"Love the combination of flavor!! Took it to work and coworkers requested the recipe."
"wanted to share something new with the friends and family. First of all---its all gone! All loved it and recipe was asked for by many! Thank you for the delish recipe. Also added a few chocolate chips to batter"
"GREAT RECIPE!!! We love it, I have made it many, many times, my grand kids especially love it."
"My family & I didn't really like the combination of the peanut butter & banana. I wound up throwing it out."
"Loved this recipe. I added chopped nuts and a few choc. chips and it was FABULOUS!!!"
"My family loves this recipe.I have made this several times."
"ABSOLUTLY AWESOME... Made it for the Boy Scout mtg. It was so good and moist. Everyone loved it. Asked me for the recipe. All of it gone!"
"Have made this many, many times and absolutely love it. My daughter, who's not usually a banana fan, loves it also."
"Great change of pace from banana bread. Peanut butter frosting might have been a bit too sweet - I may cut back on the powdered sugar next time. Still, it was delicious!"