- 28 cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3-1/3 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant French vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Foil-wrapped chocolate coins, optional
- Line a 2-1/2-qt. clean new pail or container with plastic wrap or use a serving bowl; set aside. In a food processor or blender, process the cookies until finely crushed. Set aside 2 tablespoons of crumbs for topping.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and sugar. In a bowl, whisk the milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Add to cream cheese mixture; mix well. Fold in whipped topping.
- Place half of the cookie crumbs in prepared container or bowl; top with half of the pudding mixture. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Refrigerate until serving. Top with foil coins if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forPay Dirt Cake
"I've made this recipe three times in two weeks for a variety of people and everyone just loved it. It's so simple to make. A helpful note: half of the cookie crumbs is 1-1/3 cups each time; half of the pudding mix is 4 cups each time. After all, who doesn't like Oreo cookies? Delicious!"
"Always a hit! I don't tell that it's so simplistic to make, a one bowldessert."