Navajo Tacos Recipe
- 1 loaf frozen white bread dough, thawed
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound hot Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 package (1-1/4-ounces) taco seasoning
- 1 can (15-ounce) pinto beans, drained
- 1/2 cup water
- Cooking oil
- Chopped tomato
- Finely chopped onion
- Shredded lettuce
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Taco sauce
- 1. Allow dough to rise. Meanwhile, for filling, brown ground beef and sausage in a skillet; drain. Stir in taco seasoning, beans and water. Simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until the water is almost evaporated; set aside. After dough rises, punch down. Make tortillas by dividing dough onto 10 to 12 equal balls. Using a small amount of flour, roll each ball into an 8-in. circle (tortillas should be thin). Fry each tortilla in 1/4-in. of hot oil until golden, turning once. Drain tortillas on paper towels; keep warm. Top each tortilla with meat mixture, tomato, onion, lettuce, cheese and taco sauce. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Navajo Tacos
"I have used this recipe a long time ago but can't find it until now..this is a great meal and really not that hard to make."
"this isn't to far off from what I grew up on it's a traditional recipe not everyone makes it the same every family has there own secret.... *proud native indian*"
"This is reminiscent of tacos I had as a kid before manufactured tortillas were easy to find. Naturally I really, really like this recipe! But even better than that, my family thinks it is special when I make Navajo Tacos."
"Looks like something my adult sons would like, "
"I love this recipe i changed it up a little bit. Very good though:)"