- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- MINT FROSTING:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 5 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon mint extract
- 2 to 3 drops green food coloring
- 24 mint Andes candies, chopped
- CHOCOLATE GLAZE:
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- Additional mint Andes candies, chopped, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line bottom of three greased 8-in. round baking pans with parchment paper; grease paper.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, water, oil, sour cream, vinegar, and vanilla until well blended. In another bowl, whisk sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into egg mixture.
- Transfer to prepared pans. Bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks; remove paper. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until blended. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Beat in mint extract and food coloring.
- Place one cake layer on a serving plate; spread with 2/3 cup mint frosting. Sprinkle with half of the mints. Repeat layers. Top with remaining cake layer. Frost top and sides of cake with remaining frosting. Refrigerate until set.
- Place chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; let stand 5 minutes. Stir with a whisk until smooth. Stir in corn syrup. Cool slightly, stirring occasionally. Pour over cake and quickly spread to edges. If desired, top with additional mints. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews forMint-Frosted Chocolate Cake
"I really love chocolate cake. And you have made it with cream cheese icing, it's really going to be awesome in taste.You have really done a nice job. As you have shared the best things for me. Even this recipes can be made in busy time also. It's really special for me. http://cake-delivery.in/kota"