Marinated Barbecued Chicken
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 35 min.
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup lemon-lime soda
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 bone-in skinless chicken breast halves (7 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Pour 1-1/2 cups marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Add barbecue sauce to reserved marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat using a drip pan. Place chicken over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 35-50 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°, turning and basting occasionally with marinade. Before serving, brush with remaining marinade.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 205 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 590mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
May 15, 2012
Wonderful recipe. We have several family favorite marinades, but they all seem to contain oil. I was so pleased that this recipe was healthy without sacrificing the tenderness and flavor. My family all agrees that this will be our go to recipe from now on. I did a bit more BBQ sauce.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.