- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup orange juice concentrate
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients; beat for 30 seconds. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, baking soda and salt; add to the orange juice mixture and mix well. Stir in carrots.
- Pour into an 8-in. square baking pan that has been coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool; dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews forLight Carrot Cake
"I made this carrot cake this weekend I also added walnuts. My husband loved it, and didn't last very long. I will definitely add this to my recipe favorite list."
"Excellent recipe. I did add dried cranberries and chopped nuts. My use splenda and increase cinnamon to mask taste."
"This was my first time making a recipe that is good for you. I used wheat flour to make it a bit more to my liking. In addition to carrots, I added fresh cranberries, dates and chopped pecans! It came out wonderful! All the texture and taste of a much higher caloric desert! YUM!"