- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar. Add lime peel; mix well. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes or just until edges are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Combine the flour and baking powder. Add to egg mixture with lemon juice and peel; beat until frothy. Pour over hot crust. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Cut into squares. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews forLemon-Lime Bars
"I followed the recipe and concluded - either half the crust or double the filling. Had a nice flavour."
"This recipe was okay. I used half lemon, half lime juice and doubled the filling the second time I made them. I agree with others that it needs more filling in proportion to the crust."
"This is now one of my favorite recipes. Will defenitly make it again, and again,"
"The crust was just as thick as the lemon layer. I personally prefer more filling."
"I make this recipe all the time. It is very delicious, light and reminds us of lemon meringue pie, my husband favorite."
"Wow! These are fantastic! I thought the crust was a little too buttery, so next time I will probably use less butter or maybe more flour. I also did not put the lime peel in the crust, but I did put the lemon zest in the filling. I like them best when they are cold. Wonderful!!"
"This recipe is so good!!! I highly recommend making this recipe!!"
"Great recipe! I am baking it for my second time.it's very yummy and I am sharing it with all my freinds!"