- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 cups sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, sour cream, butter, lemon peel and juice. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. In a small bowl, whisk glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm muffins. Serve warm. Yield: 40 muffins.
Reviews forLemon Crumb Muffins
"Delicious! Very tender with great lemon flavor. Love the strusel."
"These are excellent muffins and great for a morning snack. I was able to use fresh lemons from our tree and I did not make any changes to the recipe."
"This recipe is so amazing. I prefer to say it is a lemon cake because it is such a treat! I substituted the sour cream with vanilla yogurt. (only because I didn't have sour cream) FABULOUS! I would suggest that if you are only making muffins for your family to half the recipe. Love the muffins, will definitely be in my book of greatness!"
"These are definitely my Sunday "go to" breakfast. The combination of sweet and lemony is just perfect."
"Yum!!! I enjoy lemon once in a while and these muffins hit the spot. I think my favorite part was the streusel topping with the glaze."
"These were delicious and easy to make! Next time, I may add a little lemon extract to boost the lemon flavor."
"I made half , turned out easy and look cute, I like it !"
"i just really wanted to let everybody know that I followed this recipe down to the last teaspoon. And let me just say, waaayy too many eggs! my whole kitchen smelled like eggs and the muffins were not good at all. I would say reduce eggs down to 6 or maybe 5. I was hoping for a yummy moist lemon muffin but instead I got an eggy, smelly gooey mess. very dissapointed."
"I liked the topping, very delicious."
"The recipe was great but instead of sour cream I used lemon curd....I didn't make the topping but I will do next time...."