In Grande Prairie, Alberta, Debbie Segate relies on tangy lemon pie filling and a few other ingredients to quickly dress up a store-bought angel food cake. "If there's time, I use a boxed mix to bake the cake," she adds.
Recommended: 21 Easter Cake Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) lemon pie filling
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Place pie filling in a bowl; fold in whipped cream.
- Cut cake into two horizontal layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; top with 1 cup lemon mixture. Top with a second cake layer. Frost top and sides of cake with remaining lemon mixture. Chill for 15 minutes or until serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Angel Cake in Quick Cooking March/April 2005, p20
Reviews forLemon Angel Cake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 17, 2013
"To simplify this recipe even more, I just used 1-1/4 cups of Cool Whip to mix with the lemon pie filling. Sometimes, I make the lemon filling with a box mix instead of canned."