John’s Pineapple-Cream Cheese Muffins
When I got married, my mother-in-law gave me her recipe for pineapple muffins so I could make them for my husband, John. They’re his favorites—and now they’re mine, too!—Diane Turner, Brunswick, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350°. Drain pineapple, reserving 1-2 tablespoons syrup.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until blended. Add egg and vanilla; beat well. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt. Add to cream cheese mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition. Fold in pineapple.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- In a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar, butter and enough reserved pineapple syrup to reach a drizzling consistency. Drizzle over warm muffins.
Nutrition Facts1 muffin: 165 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 225mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as John's Favorite Muffins in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.