Italian Sausage Bruschetta
Sometimes I garnish each slice of this bruschetta with a sprig of fresh basil. —Teresa Ralston, New Albany, Ohio
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian sausage
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 24 slices French bread baguette (1/2 inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup finely chopped seeded plum tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. In a small bowl, combine mascarpone cheese and pesto.
- Preheat broiler. Place bread on ungreased baking sheets. Brush bread slices on one side with oil. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 30-45 seconds on each side or until golden brown. Spread with mascarpone mixture. Top each with sausage, tomatoes, parsley and Parmesan cheese. Serve warm.
Originally published as Italian Sausage Bruschetta with Pesto Mascarpone in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.