Italian Sausage Bruschetta
Sometimes I garnish each slice of this bruschetta with a sprig of fresh basil. —Teresa Ralston, New Albany, Ohio
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 24 slices French bread baguette (1/2 inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup finely chopped seeded plum tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. In a small bowl, combine mascarpone cheese and pesto.
- Preheat broiler. Place bread on ungreased baking sheets. Brush bread slices on 1 side with oil. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat until golden brown, 30-45 seconds on each side. Spread with mascarpone mixture. Top each with sausage, tomatoes, parsley and Parmesan cheese. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 131 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 202mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.