Italian Sausage Bruschetta
Sometimes I garnish each slice of this bruschetta with a sprig of fresh basil. —Teresa Ralston, New Albany, Ohio
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 24 slices French bread baguette (1/2 inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup finely chopped seeded plum tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. In a small bowl, combine mascarpone cheese and pesto.
- Preheat broiler. Place bread on ungreased baking sheets. Brush bread slices on 1 side with oil. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat until golden brown, 30-45 seconds on each side. Spread with mascarpone mixture. Top each with sausage, tomatoes, parsley and Parmesan cheese. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 131 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 202mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Italian Sausage Bruschetta with Pesto Mascarpone in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.