Ice Cream Cone Treats
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 12 ice cream sugar cones
- Melted semisweet chocolate, optional
- Colored sprinkles
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- If desired, dip ice cream cones in melted chocolate to coat edges; stand in juice glasses or coffee mugs.
- Place sprinkles in a shallow bowl. In a microwave or in a large saucepan over low heat, melt marshmallows and butter; stir until smooth. Remove from heat; stir in cereal.
- Working quickly, use buttered hands to shape mixture into 12 balls; pack firmly into cones. Dip tops in sprinkles.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 174 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 142mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 24, 2018
These cones were fun and tasty! They aren't as indulgent as ice cream, so I didn't feel guilty eating them! As another reviewer pointed out, even with buttered fingers they are hard to assemble. I also used an ice cream scooper to put the treats into the cones.
Jul 28, 2013
My 3 year old daughter loves to make these treats! So easy and so fun! We use colored marshmallows to make different color "ice cream"
May 28, 2013
These were very cute and everyone was impressed at our party; however, they were extremely sticky to put together. I found if I let the rice krispie treats harden, just a bit, I could use my ice cream scoop to make them.