Bewitching Ice Cream Cones
Both young and old members of my family request these frozen treats every Halloween. It's been a fun tradition around here for many years. —Edie DeSpain, Logan, Utah
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 8 chocolate sugar ice cream cones
- 1 tube chocolate decorating gel
- 8 thin round chocolate wafers (2-1/4 inch diameter)
- 1 quart pistachio, mint or ice cream of your choice
- 15 shoestring black licorice
- 16 semisweet chocolate chips
- 8 candy corn candies
- Red decorating gel
- Coat edge of ice cream cones with decorating gel; press chocolate wafer against gel to make bring of hat. Set aside.
- Drop eight scoops of ice cream onto a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Cut licorice into strips for hair; press into ice cream. Add chocolate chips for eyes and candy corn for noses. Pipe red gel for mouths.
- Flatten scoops slightly to hold hats in place; position hats over heads. Freeze for at least 2 hours or until hats are set. Wrap each in plastic wrap after solidly frozen.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.