- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 1-1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon-sugar
- Grease the bottoms only of twelve 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups; set aside. In a large microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and yolks on high speed for 3 minutes or until light and fluffy. Gradually add sugar, beating until thick and lemon-colored, about 5 minutes. Beat in chocolate mixture. Combine flour and baking powder; beat into egg mixture just until combined.
- Fill prepared ramekins half full; sprinkle with marshmallows. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until the top is puffed and center appears set. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar; serve immediately. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forHot Chocolate Souffles
"Delicious! Can't wait to make this again."
"Sounds very good, however, nutritional values would be appreciated for us on special diets due to health reasons."
"I really wanted to like this one. I followed all directions to the T and wouldn't even let my teen help so she didn't mess it up ;-) Timing of cooking was off for me. I left it in for about 18 minutes and it was still not set in the middle. I pulled it out anyway just in case I was overcooking it somehow. Wow. Is this ever sweet. I like sweet. Alot. But this is a little over-the-top in the sweet field. Probably won't make again...and I still have leftover batter in the fridge."
"Mine sunk in the middles, is it supposed to do that? Either way it was sooo delicious!"
"I want to make this but was wondering...can I combine everything into one big dish instead of individual ones? and if so do I need to make any changes to the recipe/times for cooking?"
"Yummy. I halved the recipe and it turned out great. Don't overfill your dishes though as the presentation isn't as nice but it still tasted great."
"This was the best dessert I have ever made!"
"This was good -- and yes, it does mean four whole eggs PLUS four egg yolks! I had to modify it to suit a Kosher diet, so I substituted marshmallow fluff for the marshmallows. It came out very nicely and everyone liked it."