Grilled Shrimp with Cilantro Sauce
Make this zippy, change-of-pace recipe from our Test Kitchen for a lip-smacking cilantro sauce that really dresses up grilled shrimp.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 cups fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 12 uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- In a small food processor, combine the cilantro, ginger and garlic; cover and process until cilantro and garlic are chopped. While processing, gradually add oil and lemon juice in a steady stream until smooth. Transfer to a small serving bowl; set aside.
- Thread shrimp onto four metal or soaked wooden skewers. Sprinkle with lemon-pepper. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning once. Serve with cilantro sauce.
Nutrition Facts3 shrimp with 4-1/2 teaspoons sauce: 179 calories, 13g fat (1g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 209mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 13g protein.
Originally published as Grilled Shrimp with Cilantro Sauce in Cooking for 2 Spring 2007