- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger or 2 tablespoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 4 Cornish game hens (20 ounces each)
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. In a small bowl, combine the butter, onions, parsley, ginger, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Rub mixture under the skin and over the top of each game hen. Sprinkle remaining salt and pepper inside the hen cavities.
- Grill hens, uncovered, breast side up over medium heat for 25 minutes. Turn breast side down. Cover and grill 25-35 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 180° and the meat juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forGrilled Cornish Hens
"Excellent recipe, I grilled the cornish hens for 60 mins over indirect med heat, and then direct low heat for 10 mins. I also subsituted part garlic powder since I only had one clove of garlic."