- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon each dried basil, oregano and parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- Hot cooked pasta and pasta sauce, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine bread crumbs, cheese, eggs, seasonings and onion mixture. Add turkey and beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- Place meatballs on a rack coated with cooking spray in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 18-22 minutes or until lightly browned and cooked through. If desired, serve with pasta and pasta sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forGreat-Grandma's Italian Meatballs
"My Italian grandmother's recipe from the early 1940's (brought over from Italy) was way better than this."
"I liked these but my family didn't so much. They pretty much gave them a six out of ten in ranking. I like that they are made with turkey, but my husband felt they were dry"
"This recipe was right up my alley! I love lightening up a dish! You would not really know that the meatballs were not all beef! I served them with my roasted vegetable sauce. Will definitely make again!"